Thursday, April 26, 2012

Facebook Stuff Again

As the semester dies down and we're not covering new things in class so much, I find it a bit hard to think of something to blog about. So, I guess I'll just kind of ramble about Facebook stuff.  When I deactivated my Facebook in March of last year, I thought it would be for good. I never thought I'd want another one again. However, as of about a month ago, I thought it was necessary. As much as I didn't want one, I felt like I needed one.  But I got along just fine for a year without one, so...how badly do I really need one?  It's a little irritating sometimes, but this whole idea that's been pushed in my face (and maybe others' too, I just can't speak for them) that I NEED one is just so pervasive that it's probably why I'm on it all the time.  I've only had it a month and I'm already sick of it. I'm not saying other people shouldn't use it, but I don't know how much longer I can do it. I'm going to deactivate again, probably this weekend, but with the intention of reactivating it in a time span as short as a week or as long as a month. I'm not sure if I want it to be an on-and-off thing, or if I'll eventually permanently delete and not come back or get on board for good. It could just come down to the whole concept of balance, and how too much of something is bad, but that doesn't mean you need to cut it out entirely. However, I think it encourages me to waste my time worrying about trivial things, and that's the last thing I need.  I don't know...it's a bit hard to explain.  Sorry guys. I wish I had something more insightful to contribute in this week's blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment